Thursday, December 10, 2015

New Stuff

Hey! So, I don't post on this blog a lot, and mainly because in the past (before college) I never did art stuff regularly, and if I managed to draw something, I wasn't always a hundred percent happy with it, so I didn't post it. Then, I started college as took an art class... I would have posted some of that stuff on here, but one, I hated some of that stuff, and two, I was too busy trying to keep up with the class to actually post anything. >.< And after all my efforts I got a C in the class... -_- I can definitely say doing art stuff for a grade is not something I enjoy...

But! I actually did like a few of my pieces that I managed to do, so I figured I'd post some.



^^^ That's one that I did for my sketchbook. I think it was for drawing positive/negative stuff. :)

And these two were from the same assignment as well. :)





I think these were my favorites from that assignment. I have more pictures to post, but I'll just post these ones for now. Let me know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. Cool, Katrina! I like playing around with these types of images in photography- I didn't realize it was a thing in other art types too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh, thanks. :D Yeah, I really liked doing the positive/negative thing. It was pretty easy to get the hang of.

      Delete
  2. Very cool! I especially like the brushstrokes within the black. So much more interesting than a flat color. The leaves are great on the bottom picture as well--the crinkly edges make me imagine the veins and texture of the plant. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. Thanks! :D These were actually drawn with sharpie so that would be why I didn't make it entirely black. I didn't have enough sharpies to do that. XD

      Delete
    2. Lol. Sharpies are unforgiving! :P No eraser, no second changes. But whatever the case, it has a really neat affect.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, that's one of the biggest problems I had with using them to draw. I rely heavily on erasers. >.< But thanks! :D

      Delete